Facebook recently hit the billion, since 2010 when it had "only" 600 million of people privacy has changed a lot on Zuckerberg's site. Here are some 100% real facts that Facebook is hiding from you!
- Facebook is not your friend. Its "real name" policy is enough reason to refuse to use it.
- Facebook makes a practice of telling users to rat on their friends who use aliases. ( any social network that asks its members for information about other people is abusive.)
- At Facebook you are a product, not a consumer.
- Facebook says that a user can't have Facebook's data about him claiming it to be a trade secret.
- Pages that contain Facebook "like" buttons enable Facebook to track visitors to those pages. Facebook tracks the users that see 'like' buttons,
- Facebook exploits its users by conscripting them for ads.
- Facebook's face recognition is illegal as claimed by a German regulator.
- Facebook blocked links to the humor site lamebook which facebook is trying to crush.
- Social networks show people how lonely they are
- Facebook deleted a statement by a human rights group, then said that was a mistake. Then Facebook invited the group to post the statement again instead of undoing the deletion. Demonstration of it's arrogance!
- Facebook censorship guidelines have been leaked. They include political censorship catering to various countries that do not respect freedom of speech.
- Facebook has turned on automatic face recognition on photos. Facebook says that it only suggests identifications for faces in photos for people who are the user's friends. However, it might run the algorithm over every photo posted and not publicly announce the results.
- Third party apps that demand to access your account's information and your "friends" information and posts. They have access to everything (this is why I don't use third party apps)
- Anyone can get a Facebook user's personal information by buying ads on Facebook.
- People is also known to have blocked many links about controversial issues
That's it. Hope I covered everything. If you have a question leave comment below and I will answer!